Saturday, December 5, 2020

Polar Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I'm sharing a card using Polar Friends from the brand new Hello Bluebird Stamps, Black Friday winter release!   This slimline card also uses the new Winter Walk Scene Die which is actually going to carry you through 365 days of the year with a little imagination.   Today I'm staying firmly in the Winter/Christmas genre of course.


To create this card I first ink blended a panel of white cardstock using Distress Oxide in Speckled Egg.  I then grabbed a second panel and die cut the Winter Walk Scene.  Again I used Speckled Egg to add a little colour to the edges of the little snow hills.  I also used Copic markers to add some interest to the mountains in the distance by creating glacial affects and crevices with different colours.  I then put all the pieces back together again like a jigsaw puzzle, adhering each piece in turn within the frame to the ink blended background.


On Copic friendly cardstock my images from Polar Friends were stamped with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I used Copic markers in a limited colour palette to colour the images which were then die cut using the coordinating dies.   Some images were directly adhered to the scene and others were popped up on dimensional foam tape to create depth.


Finishing touches time!   There was another new stand-alone die with this latest release called Paper Snowflakes.   I die cut the snowflakes die from various card stocks to keep a little stash for my winter projects and chose to use the silver glitter ones to complete this card today.  I also stamped the sentiment from this stamp set and Merry Christmas from another and applied those with foam tape too.  The whole panel was attached to a sturdy card base.

Thanks for stopping by my blog, happy crafting and happy holidays!






No comments:

Post a Comment