Thursday, December 1, 2022

My Favorite Things - Holiday Penguins

 




I continue to churn out the Christmas cards, my favourite to make by a mile!   This card for MFT Stamps features the following products:-


I created a slimline panel and I ink blended it using Shaded Lilac, Seedless Preserves and Villainous Potion Distress Oxide Inks.  I grabbed another slimline panel and using the Torn Paper Edges Die-namics, I die cut 4 layers of snow which I ink blended with the first two shades mentioned above and then I adhered them to the background.

I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment at the top of the background panel and then covered this area with a little post it tape and spattered the entire card surface with water and then with white acrylic paint loosened with water.  When I was happy with the overall affect I removed the mask carefully spattered a little more paint where the sentiment was, but not enough to make it hard to read, just so that it blended in.




I stamped the images from Holiday Penguins with black Memento Ink and coloured them with the following Copic marker combinations.

Penguins - T5, C3, C1, C0, RV55, BV000, V0000, YR07, YR04, Y38
Blushes - RV06, RV55, RV10
Tree - G29, G19, YG67, YG45
Parcel - E43, E44, E87, RV06, RV55
Purple - V17, V15

I die cut the images and then placed a little tiny piece of Post It tape to cover the facial features of the penguins and then I spattered all of the images as I did with the background, removing the facial mask right at the end and applying all of the elements to the background using dimensional foam tape.

I highlighted a few points on each image and then used a metallic gel pen so randomly apply pale gold dots throughout the entire scene because I love a subtle little twinkle when a card is handled.




Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.











1 comment: