Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Hello Bluebird Stamps - December Challenge

 









Here's my inspiration card for the new Challenge from Hello Bluebird Stamps.   You can enter the challenge by making a Holiday themed card or by being inspired by the colours from the graphic or as in the case of my card, I combined the two!   Please visit the Hello Bluebird blog to read the rules and dates involved in this challenge.   A randomly selected winner will be selected and will receive a $50 gift certificate to the shop.   Good luck!

Products Used:-

Snowman Hugs Stamps
Snowman Hugs Die
Nesting Deckle A2 Die
Holly & Pine Die
Pine Boughs Die
Hill & Dale

I created a kraft cardstock card base using the largest of the Nesting Deckle dies and scored a line on the back panel to enable to the card to open and stand and then sealed the left edge with Scor-Pal tape.  I made a smaller white card insert to go inside to write on.

I used the next size down in the set to die cut two white panels.   One I ink blended in pink, backed with foam tape and applied to the kraft base, the second one I also die cut using the Hill & Dale Die on then stamped and heat embossed the sentiment in antique gold embossing powder, I backed this piece with foam tape and aligned the deckle edges with the white background panel and adhered.






I stamped the image from Snowman Hugs with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and coloured the image with the following Copic marker combinations:-

Squirrel - T6, T5, T4, T3, T2, T1
Snowman - C3, C1, C0, BG10, BG70, T5, T4, T3, T2, T1, YR07, YR04, Y38
Bunny - E42, E41, T3, T2, T1
Blushes - R21, R20, R00
Red - R89, R39, R29, T5, T3
Brown Scarf - E89, E44, E43
White - C3, C1, C0

Points were highlighted and designs made on scarves using a white gel pen and then I die cut and applied with foam tape.

Finishing touches included, creating the pine garnish at the top created using the Holly and Pine Die and the gold glitter bow from the Pine Boughs Die.  I glued the pieces in position and then used acrylic paint and a stylus to dot in a little delicate snowfall.




















No comments:

Post a Comment