Sunday, November 21, 2021

Christmas Sled - Rachelle Anne Miller Creative Studios

 I have a new Christmas card to share with you all today.  I've used the 'Christmas Sled' digital stamp by Rachelle Anne Miller Creative Studios - please read on for all the how-to details.



For this card I first created a slimline panel 8.5 x 3.5 inches after printing the digital image on the cardstock.   I offset the cut so that I could fit in the oversized sentiment.   I then used Copic markers in E0000, E000 and E00 together with W0, W1 and W2 to create the snow-blown background..






I used the following Copic markers to colour the featured image.  Y26, YR23, YR24, YR27 and E37 together with W3, W4, W5 and W7.   Skin tones are E000, E21, E11 and E04.  Cheeks are R00, R20 and R21 and I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.

I framed out the scene using Hello Bluebird Stamp's 'Gallery Frame #5 die, apply this die cut with foam tape behind for some nice dimension.  I also used Hello Bluebird's 'Oh What Fun' word die for the oversized sentiment.  I die cut the sentiment three times from white cardstock and once with glittering gold cardstock.  I adhered each layer together finishing with the gold on top which I ever so slightly offset to the right for a little bit of a shadow effect.  The sentiments were then glued to the scene.


Finally I used a stylus and Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White paint and dotted in the snowfall making sure that I nicked some lines so that it looks more realistic.   I used some star sequins from my stash that toned nicely but didn't compete with the background as final accents.

Hope you enjoyed the card and that you can carve out some happy crafting time soon!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! The colors are Autumn and Winter! Love it!!! Great background too!!!

    ReplyDelete