Sunday, June 27, 2021

Rachelle Anne Miller - Kangaroo

Hi!  I have a new card today using a digital stamp illustrated by Rachelle Anne Miller called Kangaroo.  This sweet image is a joy to colour so why don't you treat yourself to the instant satisfaction of buying a digital stamp today!




When you buy a digital stamp from Rachelle Anne Miller, it is delivered to you by email within minutes.  You merely download the image and then send it to print on your home printer.   You can use whatever cardstock works for how you intend to colour the image and so for my card today I used Copic markers and therefore I placed a panel of Copic friendly cardstock into my printer.   The ink does not run when using alcohol markers in case you were wondering!




I couldn't resist colouring the Kangaroo and her sweet little Joey in her pouch first.  I used Copic markers in E0000, E40, E41 and W1 and W2 with R00 and R20 for the pink parts.

I then turned my attention to the background and I started with E41 at the bottom blending to G20, then R000, Y0000 and finally BG0000 for just a pretty wash of colour.   These colours are so pale that you can just sweep the colour on over the florals since I was going to go more vivid with those and the light colour underneath would affect nothing.

I then came back to do the florals using more colours than I could possibly list and I finished with the sweet bird delivering the flower which I coloured with B91, B41 and B12.

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.




To finish the card I used the A2 Rectangles Frames Die-namics from MFT Stamps to die cut a simple white frame which i backed with foam tape and applied.

Finally, I formed the word 'hi' using 'Thickers' from American Crafts.   These are quite literally 'thick stickers' and there are numerous alphas and numbers to choose from and what I've used in this card is gold but behind that gold and visible from an angle it is a pale greenish blue that just went beautifully with the background.   You can buy them directly from American Crafts but also Amazon carries quite a few.

Happy crafting and hope to see you back here soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment