Monday, June 28, 2021

Hello Bluebird Stamps - Word Buddies Woodland with Country Roads

Hello!   I have a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps featuring just the adorable little fox characters from Word Buddies Woodland and I’ve put them in a Copic coloured scene using the Country Roads Scenic Background stamp.



This is a square card  with finished dimensions of 5 3/8ths x 5 3/8ths which fits nicely into a 5 1/2 inch square envelope.


To create the card I first stamped the background stamp onto Copic friendly cardstock.  Making a square card in the proportions I have used with Hello Bluebird’s background stamps means you get to use pretty much the entire image … more to love!   With the image stamped I set about colouring the background.  The softly streaked sky is YROOOO with BGOOOO.   Fields were Y61, G43 and G24 with floral dots using Y15.   House and toadstools ROO, R21 and RO5.  Path E4O and E41.  Tree trunk, E41, E42, E43 and E44.




I had stamped this image on a panel that was 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 because I wanted to frame the scene by picking out a colour from what I envisaged as the finished card and I just love this red because it really made it pop and it is THAT panel that is the  5 3/8th square I mentioned just above.   The scene was adhered directly and then it was adhered to a prepared card base.

On more Copic cardstock I stamped my images from Word Buddies Woodland using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and I coloured the foxes using E11, E13 and E15.  I blushed their cheeks with R00 and R20 and highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.  They were die cut using the coordinating dies, backed with foam tape and applied and in the case of the little fox who appears to have got himself stuck up a tree, I made a little cut with my craft knife on top of the bough and inserted the little tab into the cut so he hangs nicely on it (he too was backed with foam tape of course at the top of his head).




For the finishing touch I stamped Happy Birthday  on to a sentiment strip from the Stitched Tag Builder die, backed it with foam tape and stuck it down.   I wanted to keep this card vaguely masculine for a specific family member with an imminent birthday and decided no other embellishments were required.

I appreciate you coming by the blog today, I hope you enjoyed my card and I’ll see you again soon!

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment