Sunday, February 21, 2021

Blowing Leaves Background Stamp - Hello Bluebird Stamps

For too long now the Hello Bluebird Stamps background stamps have been out of stock.  Well friends they are about to be re-stocked in a new release and they'll be re-releasing as clear stamps all of their former designs which means they will be in stock all the time from this point onwards.   All the old favourites are coming back AND the release will also have some brand new background scene stamps so you can put your favourite HB characters into pretty new settings.


Spring has sprung outside and down below in the burrow where the bunnies live in their sweet burrow there is a birthday party underway!

My card today uses the Blowing Leaves background stamp and I've used it as pretty wallpaper in the bunnies sweet burrow using the Cozy Burrow Scene Die and the bunnies are from Meadow Bunnies.  Other elements in the card are from Moose and Friends, Cozy Christmas Eve and Snow Play.


To create this card I first die cut the Cozy Burrow Scene Die and I adhered the frame portion to an A2 panel of cardstock.   All of the other pieces that make up the scene were variously ink blended except for the 'wallpaper' portion which I stamped with the Blowing Leaves BG stamp and then antiqued using Distress Oxides in Antique Linen and Tea Die.  After everything was coloured I methodically pieced together all the components starting from the bottom up, glueing in place within the frame.

I stamped my Meadow Bunnies using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and coloured my images with Copic markers, highlighting a few points with a white gel pen before die cutting.

I played around finding a nice arrangement for the bunnies and when I was happy I backed each piece with foam tape and applied for some lovely dimension.


To finish the card I decided to add a secondary frame on top of the first for a slightly more finished look.  This is just a frame from my stash.   I used gel pens to add some bright interest to the grass layer above ground and added flowers by hand.  I also stamped the sentiment and applied it.  Below ground I finished up with a few sequin accents for that essential twinkle.

The possibilities with these background stamps are endless and they are well worth adding to your HB collection.

Happy crafting!










2 comments:

  1. Any idea when the will be restocking? I just looked and eo much is out of stock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By or on release day for sure (March 4th), so very very soon. For the latest news please consider joining the Hello Bluebird Friends Facebook group, that way you'll always be in the know!

      Delete