Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Lottie's Gang - Flower Friends - Purple Onion Designs

My third card for Purple Onion Designs this month is another Julian Charlton illustrated Lottie's Gang image called Flower Friends.


To create this card I first ink blended the cloudy pink background using a cloud stencil in my stash.  I then grabbed the Birch Tree Background stamp from the 'A Beautiful Day' collection by Stacey Yacula and stamped and fussy cut the trees, adhering directly to the background panel.

I used a cloud die from my stash for the tree tops and ink blended them and a grassy edge die also from my stash for the lower grass panel which I also ink blended.  I stamped the sentiment.


I die cut the Mama Elephant scalloped frame and then glued the cloud/treetops to the inside, backed the frame with foam tape and applied it to the panel and then adhered the grass panel directly over the top of the frame at the bottom.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my Flower Friends image using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   I Copic coloured the images.  Pigs RV0000, RV000, RV00, RV10 with W1 and W2 for shading.  Skin E0000, E21 and E04.   Fox E13, E15 and E37 with W1 and W2 for shading.   Dress FRV1 and RV04.  All images were fussy cut and applied with foam tape. Flowers were glued directly.


To finish I grabbed W2 and W3 and shaded in under the characters to ground them and I used gel pens to dot in some interest around them.   The whole panel was applied to the card base and then was complete.

Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment