Thursday, February 25, 2021

Old Oak Background Stamp with Garden Party - Hello Bluebird Stamps

This month Hello Bluebird Stamps will be re-releasing all of their old rubber background stamps as clear stamps.  On release day there will also be several brand new background scene stamps to enjoy.   Today I'm using the Old Oak Background Stamp for my card.  This is one of my very favourites and it is so useful.


I stamped the  BG image using dark green ink on to a panel of white cardstock.  I then used Distress Oxides to 'antique' the edges creating a soft focal point.    I used a circular die to cut the opening.   Another panel of cardstock was ink blended with deep fuchsia and dark green inks.  I splattered it with water and added splatter of toning colours including a little metallic gold.

The 'oak' panel was backed with foam tape and adhered to the ink blended panel which in turn was adhered to a white cardstock base.


I used the Grassy Knoll die to cut a piece of cardstock that I ink blended with green ink and splattered up a bit for interest.   This was adhered directly to the card front.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my Garden Party images and from Oh Nuts! the branches.  I used Copic markers to colour the images and finished by die cutting them, highlighting a few points with a white gel pen.   These images were all backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.


I used some water droplet style embellishments and adhered them and stamped the sentiment and applied that.  Another card completed. I hope you are inspired .... happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment