Saturday, January 9, 2021

Animal Parade - Rachelle Anne Miller Designs

Hello!   This month I am starting to design for Rachelle Anne Miller Digital Stamps.    Going forwards, I will be designing two cards a month for this talented illustrator.   Rachelle's sweet illustrations have captured my heart and the bonus here is that since they are digital you get immediate satisfaction from your purchase.  I'll tell you how I do it with this card using the Animal Parade digital stamp image.


Select and purchase your digital stamps from the website and print them onto the correct cardstock which for me was Copic friendly cardstock.   If you want to mask your image, print it a second time on to masking paper.   I use full sized sheets from Simon Says Stamp.   Before you print you can select to scale your image by shrinking or increasing the image you have bought.   Just make sure that you print your masking paper copy the same scale as the primary copy so that they match.


For this card didn't choose to mask so I simply printed it off once and then I trimmed down the piece of cardstock to a slimline panel.   I coloured my image using Copic markers and then used a pale pink shade and 'brushed' on a little background colour and I used a grey shade to add a little more texture to the ground.

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen including the prickles on the hedgehog that I then used a black pen to add more depth.

To finish up I stamped the sentiments which are from Hello Bluebird Stamps and I used a cloud die in my stash and die cut two clouds and these were applied with foam tape for some dimension.


A few little heart embellishments were glued in position and I framed out the scene using two die cuts from the Gallery Frame #5 die.   The first die cut was adhered directly and the second was applied with foam tape.

Thanks for stopping by - I'll be back later in the month with a new design for Rachelle Anne Miller Creative Studio.




3 comments:

  1. Do you have any issues with the printer ink bleeding when coloring with copics? I have been eyeing several digital stamps, but have been wondering if I needed anything special other than paper to print them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and thank you for your question. I was concerned about this but I didn't encounter any problem using HP printer ink. Was I a little careful around the printed lines - yes, but I think so long as you give the print out a few minutes to completely dry and you show a little care you will be ok with Copic markers. You don't need anything special. I hope this helps with your decision. Take care, Nicky

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to give it a try. You do beautiful work as always.

    ReplyDelete