Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Together - Purple Onion Designs

Since the 'Together' stamp illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs was released in 2020 I've been keen to use it again due to the undeniable serious cuteness of it.  Last time I made an infinity shaker with it so I needed to do something very different this time around.


I started by stamping this one large image to an A2 panel and for the background I used Copic markers colouring in some milky skies with little breaks where the blue sky was peeking through.   I also ink blended a grassy die cut and layered that over.


I used Copic markers again to colour the four happy friends, highlighting a few points with a white gel pen.

To frame out the scene I used the Gallery Frame #1 die by Hello Bluebird, adhering directly followed by the postage stamp die frame by Avery Elle which I cut from mini gingham cardstock, backed with foam tape and carefully applied it over the first frame.


To finish up I added the two little die cut flags at the top stamping a heart to one of them (just because) and I stamped the happy birthday sentiment and applied that with foam tape.  Overall this comes across as a sweet Spring, country style card and a nice diversion from the winter weather (northern hemisphere that is).

Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment