Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Snowball Fight - Pop Up Box Card - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello!  I decided to switch things up a bit and get dimensional and I created this Pop Up Box Card using Snowball Fight from Hello Bluebird Stamps.



The actual die used to form the box is from Lawn Fawn and you can source others elsewhere.  I die cut all the parts from 110lb white cardstock.  I used Distress Oxide Ink in Tumbled Glass to ink blend the panels, fading away the blending to nothing.   I then used a white gel pen and hand drew in the falling snow.  Each panel was adhered in place on all sides of the box.  I wrote the message to my intended recipient on the panel that is on the reverse of the box before adhering it just for ease.



I stamped the kittens from Snowball Fight on to Copic friendly cardstock using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and I coloured them with Copic markers and highlighted points with a white gel pen then die cut the images and set them to one side for a while.



Using a Memento Ink in a pale blue shade I stamped the the pile of snowballs image 3 times from Snowball Fight.  I also stamped the two little trees from that stamp set and then I grabbed the Yeti Or Not stamp set which has more of the same style of trees but in 2 slightly larger sizes, so this provided me with a nice mix once I'd stamped them.  Using B000 I added a little colour to both the snowballs and the trees then die cut the images. 



Time to start assembling!  There's no hard and fast rule for how to do this but you just want to layer away and keep checking all your angles so that there is interest no matter from which angle the card is viewed.  Slowly but surely I adhered the elements to the scene.  A couple of the snowballs whizzing through the air are elevated and floating above the scene by adhering them to a narrow strip of acetate.  As you build your scene keep checking that the box card can be folded for mailing purposes and unless you want to size it up into a much larger envelope, be sure to keep all elements within the A2 frame (i.e. nothing should be poking out the sides when you fold it flat)!



Time now just for the finishing touches which come in the form of several Frosty Flakes being adhered into the scene and the sentiment was stamped with red ink and is from the Christmas Is Coming stamp set.

I appreciate you stopping by the blog today and I hope to see you next time.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

1 comment: