Friday, December 13, 2019

Silhouettes - Purple Onion Designs

Hello, welcome to my blog and thank you for stopping by to read about this card for Purple Onion Designs that features the new Silhouette stamps illustrated by Julian Charlton.  You can find Julian's collection HERE including the stamps that I've used in this project of course.



I wanted a slightly masculine feel to this card (it's all relative compared to my other cards lol).  To that end I took a panel of super smooth white cardstock and ink blended using Distress Oxides and Inks in Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot.



I popped the panel in my Misti and inked up the rooftop stamp with Ranger Archival Ink in Black.  I repeat stamped for the perfect solid image and used my heat tool to speed up the drying process.  I snipped apart the stamp of Santa in his sleigh with one reindeer.  Using a stamp positioner (so that I could both see where I was stamping and could repeat stamp) I stamped the reindeer making sure I left room for Santa in his sleigh.  Each image was stamped twice for the solid black silhouette I was looking for.



I used a fine tipped white gel pen to dot in the stars (or is that snowfall .... you decide) and to highlight their fun eyes.  I even applied the tiniest amount of white gel to the cat's eyes.

The panel was adhered to a black cardstock base and I made a nice writing insert inside using quality 80lb weight paper and I also stamped a sentiment in there.

I hope you have fun creating with these fun Silhouette stamps, happy crafting!

Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment