Monday, December 9, 2019

Hooray - Avery Elle Stamps

Hello!    I have a new card for Avery Elle Stamps that puts the new Hooray sentiment set front and centre.


This great sentiment set will be a set you reach for time and time again for all manner and style of cards.  I chose to layer it over a now discontinued background die but there's nothing this wouldn't work with.



To create this card I die cut (embossed) the background panel then ink blended with Distress Ink blending to a lighter focal point.   I coloured the balloons and stars with Copic markers and adhered it to a 110lb white cardstock base.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.

To create the large 'hooray' I  stamped the sentiment with archival ink on to white cardstock.  I then fussy cut the word and used a craft knife to remove the centres.  This sentiment was backed with foam tape and applied over the scene where it appears to float.  I then used Glossy Accents glue to apply a glossy layer over the top.  The smaller sentiment was stamped and the card set aside to fully dry.



Finally, I reached into my stash of embellishments and selected various sizes of Sparkling Clear Sequins  to add a celebratory sparkle.

Thank you for stopping by and I'll see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment