Monday, December 2, 2019

Cocoa Party - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello friends, I'm sharing a new card featuring the sweet Cocoa Party stamp set from the October release.  For this card I wanted to bring in minty greens and peppermint pinks as befits the theme of the featured stamp set.



To make this card I grabbed a panel of white cardstock and ink blended it with Distress Oxide Ink in Cracked Pistachio.  I splashed on some water and blotted it up for a little distressing and then splattered on some metallic pearl white watercolour paint and set the panel aside to dry for a few minutes.  Meanwhile, I ink blended a second panel with Distress Oxide in Spun Sugar and used the Grassy Knoll Die to create the curved grassy edge.  The sentiments were stamped then the die cut was backed with foam tape and applied to the first panel which in turn was applied to a 110lb cover, white cardstock base - nice and sturdy!



On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa (how could I not)?   I used Copic markers to colour the images and then highlighted some points with a white gel pen.  They were die cut using the companion dies backed with more foam tape and applied to the scene, tucking them behind the grassy hill.



To finish the card I used the Frosty Flakes Die and cut some flakes from both white and glittered white cardstock.  I carefully added a little glue just to the centre of each flake and adhered them down.  Once dry I teased up the edges of the flakes to make them more dimensional and exciting to the eye.

How sweet of you to stop by to read about this card today.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment