Monday, November 26, 2018

Merry Pigs - Hello Bluebird

Oh goodness!  Do I have some cuteness for you today or what?!!!!  This is Merry Pigs by Hello Bluebird Stamps from the new release that went live yesterday.



This is a 'slimline' card which are super popular right now and you can search and find Slimline envelopes online to make life easier.  Finished card dimensions are 3 1/2" wide x 8 1/2" so from an A4 sheet of cardstock cut the length at 7 inches then score and fold in half (4 bar).  My panel is cut from the remainder of the A4 sheet and the dimensions are 3.2" x 8.2".  Worth writing those down for future reference!



I ink blended my panel using Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers - fading away to nothing to represent snow.  I then splattered the background with a white acrylic paint solution mixed with a little water and set it aside to dry.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock i stamped my piggies and all of the other images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them and then fussy cut them out since at the time of making this the dies had not been supplied to me.  I then highlighted some areas with a Uniball Signo White gel pen and adhered them into position with varying amounts of foam tape for dimension.  The sentiments were stamped to two strips of cardstock using Gina K Designs Premium Dye Ink in Cherry Red and also adhered these with foam tape.  The entire panel was backed with white craft foam and mounted to the card base.



The finishing touch was to apply several wooden stars in 3 different sizes.

Hope you love the card?!!  Any questions or comments please use the comments section, I love to hear from you all and to try and help if you have queries.

Another card coming tomorrow from the new Hello Bluebird release (in fact it'll be 4 days in a row)!!!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment