Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Skating Friends - Hello Bluebird

Hi!  I'm back for day 2 of the new (and now available) Hello Bluebird Stamps November release and this is Skating Friends.



I created an A2 panel of Neenah 110lb cardstock.  I took the Pond Builder Die and die cut twice to form the shape I'd want my frozen pond to be.  I ink blended it using Distress Ink in Peacock Feathers.  I then pressed it repeatedly onto my Versamark Ink pad until thoroughly coated and heat embossed with Clear Embossing Powder, so now I have an icy looking frozen pond.



I put my panel back together using Scotch Tape on the reverse and stamped the snowflakes in pale grey.  I uses Stickles Glitter to edge my frozen pond.  I used the Gallery Frame #1 Die and cut a frame which I mounted over the panel with foam tape.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock (I like Strathmore) I stamped those sweet little critters and watercolour painted them.  I fussy cut the images and adhered them with foam tape.  I stamped my sentiment and heat embossed in silver and adhered that with yet more foam tape.



The final touch was to use a Uniball Signo white gel pen and draw in some white skate lines on the 'ice' (works beautifully on this embossed surface) and I grabbed my Stickles glitter in 'Crystal' again and twinkled up some of the points on the bunnies  and dotted some onto the ice too.  Card panel was adhered to card base and another card completed!!!

I do thank you for stopping by to read, let me know if you have any questions.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment