Monday, August 12, 2024

My Favorite Things - August Vault Release of Laina Lamb

 





The door to the My Favorite Things vault is being swung open at 10am EDT tomorrow August 13th and in it you'll find a lot of long lost Laina Lamb products many have been clamouring for.   I decided to create with the Donuts Die-namics to kick things off.  Here's what I've used to make this card:-

Sweet Summer Color Blend 6 x 6 Paper Pad
Blueprints 27
A2 Stitched Rectangles Stax Set 1 Die-namics
In Stitches Alphabet Die-namics

I created an A2 card base and over that I layered an A2 panel of pink cardstock.  I then used Blueprints 27 to create the scalloped panel in white which was glued in place.  Next I used the Stax Die-namics to create a panel from the Sweet Summer Color Blend 6 x 6 Paper Pad. This panel was backed with a panel of white craft foam and glued down.




Using the In Stitches Die-namics I created the letters I'd be needing from scraps of MFT cardstock and for the 'O' I used the smaller of the two Donut dies from the Donuts Die-namics.   I iced the donut in white and used the same cardstock scraps to create the sprinkles.


I used a glitter pen to add subtle sparkle to the white icing and then one by one I glued on the sprinkles so that they were nicely distributed.  I masked a straight line across my card and glued the letters along it, removed the mask and glued the donut down.




To finish the card I stamped the sentiment from Donuts & Sprinkles which is a coordinating sentiment set and I backed it with dimensional foam tape, found centre and then stuck it down.

For a simple finishing flourish I used Nuvo Dream Drops in 3 toning shades to embellish the lower right hand corner.  Card done!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.















No comments:

Post a Comment