Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Hello Bluebird Stamps - July Card Kit 2024

 








Hey there!  Here's my second card featuring products from the new Sun, Sand and Surf Kit from Hello Bluebird Stamps.  For details on the pre-order style Kit Club at Hello Bluebird, please visit their website.  These are limited edition stamps and dies.  When the pre-order period closes you will never be able to to buy these stamps and dies again.  I've used products included in Hello Bluebird's large kit to make this card together with one of the 'Add-On' items, here's what I've used:-

Beach Bums
Beach Bums Die
Beach Umbrella Die (Add-On)
Hill & Dale Die (Essentials)

I grabbed a white A2 panel of cardstock.  I masked a line for the horizon and below it I ink blended the ocean using an ink by The Stamp Market which would you believe it is called 'Ocean'!  I switched the mask to then lie across the water horizon and above it I ink blended the sky using Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink.






I grabbed a second A2 panel of white cardstock and I used the Hill & Dale Die from their Essentials range to create to sand dunes. I ink blended using Distress Oxide Inks in Antique Linen and a touch of Tea Dye.  I stamped the sentiment on one and then I adhered the taller dune with glue and the smaller dune with the sentiment was backed with dimensional foam tape and adhered.

I next took the Beach Umbrella Die and I die cut the Beach Umbrella and the clouds included in the die set which is an individually available Add-On  die.  I backed the clouds with foam tape and adhered them and trimmed off the overhang and I assembled the umbrella, glueing the parts together and similarly applied it to the scene with foam tape.





What's not to love about this Koala from Beach Bums?  I stamped him then coloured with Copic markers in the following combinations:-

Koala - W5, W4, W3, W2, W0, W00
Shirt - C3, C1, C00
Shorts - RV17, RV06
Deckchair - YR09, YR07, YR04, E44, E31
Blush - R22, R21, R20, R00

I die cut the images and applied them either directly with glue or with foam tape.  I used a black glaze pen to emphasise the eyes, nose and paw pads and a white gel pen to highlight certain points and then this card was done!
















No comments:

Post a Comment