Wednesday, July 24, 2024







Hello and welcome to my blog where I have my third card featuring products from Hello Bluebird's brand new 'Sun, Sand and Surf' Kit which is now available for purchase.  For details on these kits I would refer you to the Hello Bluebird website for everything you need to know.  Please note thought that kits are pre-ordered and once pre-ordering closes you will never be able to buy these products again!!  Shop early to avoid disappointment.

For my card today I've used the following kit products:-

Jungle Littles on the Beach
Jungle Littles on the Beach Die
Beach Slimline Scene Die
Gallery Frame #5 Die (Essentials)
Beach Bums (sentiment)

I took a slimline panel of sturdy white cardstock and I die cut using the Beach Slimline Die.   I ink blended the different pieces and then adhered everything back together again like a jigsaw puzzle.  I stamped the sentiment which I borrowed from the Beach Bums stamp set which forms part of the larger kit, in the perfectly sized cloud in the top left hand corner.  I then framed the scene using a die cut created with the Gallery Frame #5 Die which is in the Essentials section on the website.  This frame was applied with foam tape.






I stamped the adorable Jungle Littles at the Beach images and then I coloured with the following Copic marker combinations:-

Giraffe - E27, YR24, E31, E41, W00
Chimpanzee - T5, T5, T3, E31, E01
Hippo - T4, T3, T2, E01, E00
Koala - W5, W4, W3, W1
Flamingo - R22, R21, R20, R00
Elephant - C5, C3, C1, C00
Blushes - R22, R21, R20, R00
Clothing - FBG2, FRV1, FY1, FYG1

I highlighted with a white gel pen and emphasised eyes with a black glaze pen and then die cut and applied with foam tape to the background.






Included in the Jungle Littles on the Beach set are die cuts for the eyewear.  I found some scraps of coloured cardstock from my stash and I die cut several glasses frames.  Four of them I glued on directly and highlighted and with another two I die cut from coloured cardstock then again from mirrored cardstock so they'd have mirrored sunglass as in the case of the Chimp and the Flamingo who is wearing his on his head.

To finish up completely I dotted in some interest to the sand and use W Copic markers to add some shadow under the images standing in the sand and I glued in some droplet style embellishments.  Card done!  















 

No comments:

Post a Comment