Monday, June 27, 2022

My Favorite Things - June Card Kit - Beach Day

Friends, this is my fourth and final card using elements from the fun and oh so summery Beach Day card kit by MFT Stamps that was released June 21st.




Here's what I've used in this project:-


I masked a line on an A2 panel of white cardstock and above the mask I ink blended the sand using Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress Oxide Inks and then I splash it with some watered down Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink.   I then blended downwards from the top of the panel using Salvaged Patina Distress Oxide.   The mask was removed and the sentiment stamped beneath the line.




I die cut all the sandcastle pieces I'd be needing for my design and ink blended them using the same brown palette as the sand beneath it.   Pieces were adhered together and glued directly to the blended background.   I also die cut the flagpoles and flags from scraps of MFT Prestige cardstock.

I love a little subtle sparkle and so I used a pale gold Gelly Roll pen to dot in some 'glint' to the sand so that it catches the light as it is handled.   This then completed the card.




Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.








No comments:

Post a Comment