Friday, June 24, 2022

My Favorite Things - June Card Kit - Beach Day

I haven't made anything as CAS as this in a little while but make no mistake I love clean and simple cards.   Do shaker cards count as simple?  I think they do, read on for all the details.




Here's what I've used to make this card:-



This is a 4 1/4 inch square card .... I do love a square card, something about the proportions!?   So I prepped a 4 inch square white panel and I die cut the circular opening and I stamped the sentiment.

I inserted the shaker pouch and used tape to secure it on the reverse of the top panel.    I then became a mixologist and filled the shaker pouch with a selection of micro beads and sequins and other shaker filler type embellishments until I was happy with the blend.  I didn't overfill it as I definitely wanted this to be a shaky shaker if you know what I mean!

To seal the shaker closed I used some acetate and then I adhered this top panel down to a 4 1/4 inch square panel which in turn was adhered to my card base of the same size.




All that was left to do was to die cut the white and red parts of the lifesaver ring from the new accessory die set from the card kit release.   The parts were glued together and then glued to the centre of the shaker pocket.

Such a fun little project!



Thank you for stopping by my blog today and don't forget to visit and subscribe to the MFT You Tube Channel for endless how-to videos, inspiration and product reveals.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment