Wednesday, July 14, 2021

My Favorite Things - Wednesday Sketch Challenge #550

Hello friends!   Ready for a brand new MFT Stamps, Wednesday Sketch Challenge?  Our new one is #550.   Read on for my inspiration card and to see the sketch you are going to be working with.









To create my card I first took a slimline panel of white cardstock and I used Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink to ink blend the ocean using the Slimline Drifts and Hills Stencil as my guide.  I applied more ink to the bottom section than the top.

I used the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil with Tumbled Glass Distress Oxide Ink to create the sky and then I die cut the panel using the Slimline Starter Die-namics.   I backed the panel with white craft foam and applied it to a full size slimline panel of cardstock created using Poppin' Pink Prestige cardstock.  This in turn was applied to my card base.




I stamped my images from You Keep Me Afloat and used Copic markers to colour them.  Here are my colours:-

Bunny and Crab E43, E42, E41, E0000
Oranges YR07, YR14, FYR1
Pinks RV04, RV02, FRV1
Blues B04, B12, B41
Greys W2, W0

All images were die cut using the coordinating die-namics, backed with foam tape and applied.




I created two sentiment strips using the Stitched Sentiment Strips Die-namics and on the pink one I stamped the sentiment using Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white, I then adhered the two together per the sketch and backed it with foam tape and stuck it down.

Finally, I added a few finishing touches like highlights and bubbles with a white gel pen.

Have fun creating your entry into the challenge - good luck!










1 comment: