Monday, June 21, 2021

My Favorite Things - Vault Release - Countdown Day 1

Welcome to my blog and Countdown Day 1 at My Favorite Things of the vault release of 14 Birdie Brown stamp sets .... we're going to keep going through the end of the year by which time they will ALL once again be available and will stay available for purchase!    The release goes live at 10am EST tomorrow the 22nd June.  The stamp set I'm re-introducing today is 'You're Super' - I could resist this gorgeous girl and thought it would make a great card for a student among other uses.








To create this card which has a slight CAS feel to it I used the Mini Cloud Edges Stencil and softly ink blended a sky using a pale grey ink.   I then used the same grey ink plus Vintage Timber Premium Dye Ink to stamp the city skyline stamp image 3 times in each colour.  I used my Misti so that I could re-ink and re-stamp until I had a nice strong image.    These were die cut using the coordinating die-namics and arranged and glued to the background panel.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the rest of the images from You're Super and I used Copic markers to colour them.

Skin E000, E21, E11 and E04
Cheeks R00, R20 and R21
Hair E0000, E51, E44 and E49
Outfit RV04, RV06, RV17, RV69
Cape, Lightning and Stars YR09, YR14, Y15 and Y02
Boots W5, W4, W2

A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen and then these too were die cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.



To complete the card I stamped the sentiments and to keep up with the rest of the dimension these were also applied with foam tape

The decorative panel was now glued to a white cardstock base and with that the card was complete.





Tomorrow I will be back with a card to celebrate release day, I hope you join me for that!

Love to hear from you so please take a moment to leave a comment, they are always appreciated.









5 comments:

  1. Great card! I would have never thought of having brown buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the use of just a few colors...that color combination is great...very clean and uncluttered looking layout, Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the use of just a few colors...that color combination is great...very clean and uncluttered looking layout, Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to see a color palette different from the usual red and blue. This turned out fabulous and made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun color combo! Super gal to the rescue! A great hue choice!!!!

    ReplyDelete