Tuesday, June 22, 2021

My Favorite Things - Vault Release Day

Hi!    Vault release day is finally here at My Favorite Things and this is your first opportunity in a good long while to pick up 14 re-released Birdie Brown stamp sets.   Today I'm featuring 'Mon Chérie' for a little Parisian fun!







To create this card I first die cut a panel using the A2 Stitched Rectangles STAX Die-namics so that it is slightly smaller than A2.  I masked off a portion at the bottom and ink blended using Distress Ink in Pumice Stone and above the mask I used the Micro Cloud Edges Stencil and Salty Ocean Distress Ink to create the sky.   The mask was removed and the panel attached to an A2 panel of Boysenberry Prestige Cardstock.




On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images from Mon Chérie.   I used Copic markers to colour everything in a somewhat limited colour palette of using the W6, W4 and W2 markers for the Eiffel Tower and tables.  Skin E000, E21, E11 and E04.  Cheeks R00 and R20.   Blue dress, B04, B12, B41 and W's for shading.   Pinky/Purples V05, RV66 and RV69.   Golds Y19, Y15 and Y06.

Images were die cut using the coordinating die-namics and points highlighted/dots added with a white gel pen.   Images were applied to the background either glueing directly or with a single or double layer of dimensional foam tape to build some real depth and dimension.




To complete the card I applied the panel to a sturdy white cardstock card base and then I stamped and added the sentiment and I applied some crystal gemstone style embellishments for a chic little finish!

Happy shopping and happy crafting everyone!






 

35 comments:

  1. Ah, to go to Europe again. I hope and pray...this is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love your color choices and the way you have positioned all the elements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute and I'm so excited for the Vault release!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute scene. Like all the details on her dress and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so gorgeous!! Such a cute scene and beautiful coloring

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did her scarf! Great coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks like she is having the time of her life. You really make her come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo la la!! She's so beautiful!! And such a super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this pretty scene! Sweet card with awesome coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your very girly card Nicky! ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your very girly card Nicky! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love your French themed card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling card! I love the details you added with the white pen and gems!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty with all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh la la, what an adorable card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lacey took the words out of my mouth - Ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lacey took the words out of my mouth - Ooh la la!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cleverly done. Adorable and happy card!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So adorable and I love your color choices.

    ReplyDelete
  20. JeT'aime this card! She looks like she is having the time of her life and I wish I could be with her in gay Paris! I am so glad they re-released this set. Adorbs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's lovely, love the different elements

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very cute card! Love your use of pastel & bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your colouring and beautiful and sweet scene. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving this girl in Paris. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete