Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Hello Bluebird Stamps - Flying High

Have you been enjoying the new Hello Bluebird Stamps release?  I know I have!  So many super cute stamp sets and one of the best is the Flying High set that comes with coordinating dies.




To create this slimline card I first stencil ink blended some puffy clouds using a cloud stencil from my stash.  I started at the bottom using Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink and then briefly added Spun Sugar and then Squeezed Lemonade before transferring back to Speckled Egg again.   I wanted to create the look of a soft sunrise or sunset and they are flying above the cloud layer.

I placed the panel in my Misti and stamped the sentiment from Happy Wishes with Versamark Ink and heat embossed in white.   I placed in my Misti two more times to repeat this process so that this was a very raised embossing which makes it pop out from the pale background.  This panel was adhered to a slimline card base.




On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images from Flying High using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I coloured the images with Copic markers and uses the coordinating dies to die cut the images which I backed with foam tape, arranged and applied to the card base.  A few points were highlighted with a white gel pen.




To complete the card which I wanted to keep airy and fresh looking I decided to use a few pale aqua coloured 4 point star 'sequin/embellishments' from my stash.   With that the card was complete.


Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment