Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My Favorite Things - March Card Kit Countdown - Cats and Plants

Release day is here and you can now get your hands on the brand new and super cute Cats and Plants Card Kit by My Favorite Things.  This is my third and final inspiration card playing with this kit.  If you missed my other two posts just keep scrolling after you've finished reading this one!







This card started with the sentiment which I just loved because just imagine what a bored cat can get up to what with lots of plants to batter and a fishbowl .... endless possibilities!   I ink blended a panel of white cardstock softly using Distress Ink in Stormy Sky.   I then took a second panel and used the largest circle from Inside & Out Stitched Circle STAX Die-namics to die cut the circular opening.  I backed this panel with dimensional foam tape and adhered it to the ink blended panel.




On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images from Housecats and I used Copic markers to colour the images and a white gel pen to highlight points.  I used the co-ordinating Die-namics to die cut these images.  I also die cut some of the Cat and Plant Perches Die-namics from kraft cardstock and included in the kit.  To build dimension some elements were adhered directly and some were added with foam tape.




The sentiment was added and a few water droplet type embellishments were adhered to finish up the scene.

You're going to find endless possibilities with this card kit so I hope you treat yourself and check out what the other Design Team members came up with!  Happy crafting!







 

26 comments:

  1. Perfect for a plant lady! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a plant lady! Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to the DT's amazing creations, I just ordered this kit and I am not even a cat person--lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such cute cats and such a soft background. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable idea - for all my cat friends! I really like this set and all its possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute layout! My niece is a crazy plant lady, I am going to have to send her a card similar to this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicky Noo what a creative idea. aAnd I love this set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very creative using the circle cut out to hold your images. Smart card and super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute how the kitty is in the plant. Our kitty used to eat the plants. He was practically perfect, so I didn't mind :) This scene is so sweet, and brings back sweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant wait to get my kit! I like use of the stiched circle and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicky the kitty hanging in a plant is purrrfect! I love the round backgroud that you put him in front of!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is adorable, love all the colors and how you applied them. This is such a cute kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. very nice! Love this! and love this kit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun greenhouse scene. Nicely planned.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Veey beautiful card! As always ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww . . . so cute!!! I love how you created the scene within the circle; it is a really fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darling scene with this cute kitty and the plants! I love your beautiful coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh this kitty is going to make so much mischief

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute circle scene with the cat and plants.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable card. Adding the cat and plant perches is a great touch! I like the circle accent, very cute.

    ReplyDelete