Saturday, December 12, 2020

The Sweetest Little Town - Purple Onion Designs

The Sweetest Little Town Collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs has been a big favourite of mine and so I thought I'd make another Christmas card using it.   You can find this image by searching for the collection.


To start this card I first created the foggy wintery pastel scene in the background using Copic markers and just drawing and colouring freehand.   I used white acrylic paint and a stylus to dot in the snow and set that aside to dry for a few minutes.


On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my image from the collecting in a light grey ink and I used Copic markers in a limited colour palette to colour the image.   A white gel pen highlighted a few areas and the image was fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the now dry, background panel.


To complete the card I used a frame die from Avery Elle to die cut the white frame which I applied with more foam tape.

I embellished the card by stamping and heat embossing the sentiment in a gold to go with the other tones in the card.  I added star accents in pearlescent creamy tones and finally in the top left corner I added a little flourish of fir and a bow by die cutting elements from 'Pine Boughs' by Hello Bluebird Stamps.

I attached the card panel to a sturdy white card base and paired the card with a luxurious gold envelope.

Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment