Friday, December 11, 2020

Sweet Snow Friends - Purple Onion Designs

I have a new card for Purple Onion Designs today featuring the image 'Sweet Snow Friends' from 'The Sweetest Little Town' collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula.


To create this vintage feeling card I grabbed a panel of kraft cardstock.  I stamped the image using Memento Ink and for the sky I used a couple of toning green Copic markers and I used a combination of Prismacolor pencils and Copics to colour the images and snowy ground.


I used a white gel pen to highlight a few points on the main image.

I took my embossing buddy and thoroughly brushed the panel of cardstock and began using a snowfall image from the 'A Charming Winter' collection and using Versamark Ink I stamped and turned and stamped and turned this way and that way until I had gone over the entire panel. I then used superfine white embossing powder and heat set the pretty snowfall.

When I was stamping the snowfall I made sure to avoid the characters and chose to add snow using a white gel pen over them so that I had full control of where it 'fell'.   Make sure to nick the lines of the image you are covering with snow for a more realistic look.


I stamped and embossed the sentiment to a strip of kraft cardstock and added this with foam tape to this otherwise one layer card with no other embellishment.

I trimmed the panel slightly and layered it over a white panel which in turn was applied to a card base.  Card complete!

Happy crafting!








No comments:

Post a Comment