Sunday, December 13, 2020

Long Distance - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Today's card uses a brand new stamp set called 'Long Distance' by Hello Bluebird Stamps.   This sweet stamp set couldn't be more appropriate for the times that we find ourselves in currently and the sentiments are so sweet.




This card also features the brand new Big Mountain Scene Die and this is where I started by die cutting a panel of white cardstock and ink blending  the different pieces using Distress Oxide Inks in Tumbled Glass and Rustic Wilderness (which is the latest colour to be added to the DI line-up)!


I pieced everything back together again within the frame and adhered it all down to a card panel.  I popped the panel in to my Misti and stamped the sentiments.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the images using my favourite Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and coloured my images with Copic markers.   The bears and branches are from Long Distance, the hearts are from Next Door Gnomes and the bird and little mouse gazing off into the distance are from O Christmas Tree.

All images were die cut using their coordinating dies and points highlighted with a white gel pen and were added to the scene either using glue or dimensional foam tape.



To finish the card I used my Prismacolor pencils to add tufts of grass and a little suggestion of shadows and footprints and I again used my white gel pen to add snow and 'daisy dots' into the grass.  The final embellishment was to die cut a couple of small flakes using the new Paper Snowflakes die and I added those with glue and when dry I teased up the edges for a little more dimension.  The panel was attached to a card base and with that the card was completed.

Happy crafting!






No comments:

Post a Comment