Monday, December 21, 2020

Mistletoe Farm - Purple Onion Designs

This is my final card of 2020, a Christmas card made for a loved one using images from Mistletoe Farm illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.


Creating this card started with using Copic markers to make a freehand background with a lilac coloured sky behind it.  The sky was V0000 and V91.  The trees were created with W1, W2, W3 and W4.   I added snow using white acrylic paint and dimensional glitter down the sides of the trees and on the snow edges.   I layered over a white die cut frame from Avery Elle which was applied with foam tape.


I stamped the two images from Mistletoe Farm with Memento Ink and used Copic markers to colour them and highlighted points with a white gel pen.   These were applied with foam tape.


Finishing touches included using the Holly and Bough Die by Hello Bluebird Stamps to make a traditional sort of flourish of 'greenery' and bow.  The bow was die cut twice so that I could create the shade effect with the purple colour behind the glitter cardstock top bow.

Lastly I stamped the sentiment with Versamark Ink and heat embossed using a superfine silver embossing powder by Simon Says Stamp.    I find it necessary to use a superfine especially for smaller or more intricate sentiments.   The sentiment was applied with foam tape and with that my 2020 card making journey comes to an end.

Looking forward to a new year of creative opportunities and fun, I hope you continue to follow my blog for endless inspiration .... you just know it is going to be cute!   Be happy and well everybody!

Nicky









No comments:

Post a Comment