Saturday, October 31, 2020

The Sweetest Little Town Collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs

There's a brand new winter/Christmas collection by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs called The Sweetest Little Town and my horizontal slimline card today features several stamp images from this collection.  Read on for all the details.


To create this card I first stamped the background.   I started by stamping the 'Covered Bridge' image on the right hand side using Memento Ink in London Fog.  I masked off portions of the bridge so that I could then using the same ink to stamp the 'Church' scene and I used that stamp again to add the trees to the right of the bridge to fill out the horizon.


I used super pastel shades of Copic markers to add a hint of colour to the snowy background scene I'd created including V0000 and V000 for the sky.  On another piece of cardstock I stamped the other images which from the left are 'Woodstock', 'Mailbox' and 'Timothy'.  I also stamped the little wreath image from the Twas the Night Before Christmas collection.

All images were coloured with Copic, fussy cut and attached with foam tape to the scene to add dimension.  Points were highlighted with a white gel pen.   I die cut a couple of little snow berms and stamped the sentiment to one of them and adhered those inside the double die cut frame which is the Gallery Frame #5 die by Hello Bluebird.   The whole panel was then adhered to the card base.


Glitter time!   In this sweet little town the snow falls in silver glitter form, which I dotted in using Stickles giving it a lovely vintage look that also worked with the outer frame and I used Nuvo drops to add toning baubles to the wreath that hangs from the covered bridge.

Happy crafting, I'll be back soon with a new project!




No comments:

Post a Comment