Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Garden Party - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello and welcome to my blog if you haven't visited before and welcome back if you're a regular!   Today I'm sharing a card for Hello Bluebird Stamps featuring their GORGEOUS Garden Party stamp set from the most recent release which will pair flawlessly with the formerly released Garden Friends.  Read on for how this card was made.

To construct this card I first took a slimline panel and ink blended it with the new Speckled Egg Distress Oxide Ink and Worn Lipstick at the bottom and leaving a hazy horizon for a soft look.   Next I die cut the Gallery Frame #5 die twice.  Once with white cardstock and once again with Sno Cone cardstock by My Favorite Things which I find pairs nicely with Speckled Egg.  I combined the inner and outer frames, backed them with foam tape and adhered it to the background panel.

On Copic friendly paper I stamped all of the elements from Garden Party using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.   I used Copic markers to colour my images which I then die cut using the coordinating dies and applied them to the scene with foam tape to create a flowing sequence of characters interacting with one another so that the eye keeps moving.

To finish up I stamped the mini sentiments 'chirp' and 'tweet' and my larger sentiment went inside the card.  I also used a fluorescent pink gel pen to put in tufts of grass and a white gel pen to add some textured dots around the grass.  I fixed the whole panel to a slimline card based (3 1/2 x 8 1/2 inches) and with that the card was complete!

See you next time and happy crafting!


3 comments:

  1. Salish Sea StamperJune 22, 2022 at 5:00 PM

    I love the overall design of your card and the pastel colors you used!

    ReplyDelete