Tuesday, June 16, 2020

'Together' - A Special Edition Release by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs

Hello friends!

I'm excited you've come by my blog today because I've got a new card for Purple Onion Designs that features a Special Edition stamp called 'Together' illustrated by Stacey Yacula.  This is single image offering and is larger than the majority of Stacey's designs and it comes with several lovely sentiments. It is offered to raise money for the United Way Worldwide Covid-19 Community Response and Recovery Fund.  Please click the link to read more about where your money will go.   This set will retail for $13 and a donation of $10 will be made for every set sold and the donations will be shared both in the US and internationally.  

I decided to make a monochromatic and unapologetically girly infinity shaker card for my project.  Let's hear it for PINK!



I ink blended a panel using Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick and Festive Berries Distress Oxide Inks and I inserted it into a stamp storage pocket, fits like a glove!   I got out my stash of embellishments and sprinkled in several different types of shaker filler until I was satisfied with the blend and quantity and then I sealed the stamp storage pocked neatly on the reverse and adhered that to my sturdy 110lb cover weight, white cardstock base.



I used a grass edge die to cut the little panel you see at the bottom and ink blended with Festive Berries Distress Oxide Ink.  I stamped the sentiment and adhered it.  I also die cut the clouds and used a little of what remained on my blending brush to just softly ink up the edges of the clouds and those too were adhered.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my new image with Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  I coloured my image with Copic markers and highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.  Finally, I fussy cut the image.  I won't pretend the mouse's fine curly tail wasn't a challenge but it worked out perfectly thank goodness and I adhered it to the top of the grass edge.



I hope you will consider purchasing this stamp to treat yourself and in so doing contribute to a great cause.   Thank you and I hope to see you back here soon.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment