Saturday, June 20, 2020

Sunshine Lake - Purple Onion Designs

Hey there!  Today I am sharing a new card for Purple Onion Designs using the new Stacey Yacula illustrated Sunshine Lake collection.  A glorious sunset is forming over Sunshine Lake and beginning to paint the crystal clear waters with all the colours.  It's turning a little chilly but these two cuties just want 5 more minutes of fun at the end of the long day.  They won't admit that they are shivering and their teeth are beginning to chatter!



To create the card I first stamped the background image, adding in the rocky shoreline image at the bottom from the collection using a pale gray ink because I wanted the background to have a soft, no-line colouring affect.  I used Copic markers and coloured the background.  I stamped the sentiment and highlighted many points with Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White acrylic paint (love this stuff because you can also use it on watercolour painting).  Note:  it also splatters nicely without loosening it with water.

The background panel was applied to a card base and I framed it out with a die cut made using a die from my stash.



On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped the two character images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa.  Again, I coloured them with Copic markers, highlighted some points with a white gel pen and fussy cut. I flipped the images over onto a foam pad and using a blunt but rounded stylus I made careful circular movements on the back of each image making sure to avoid the edges.  This rounds the image and makes it look 3D and it hides the dimensional foam tape I used to attach them to the scene.  It is a nice touch that only takes a few moments to achieve.



The finishing touch to this card was to use some 4 point star embellishments in a cool aqua colour to create some blingy sparkle to the water.   Card complete!

Happy crafting!

Nicky x




No comments:

Post a Comment