Thursday, August 27, 2020

Hippos On Holiday with the Ocean Scene Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi!  I have a very summery card today for Hello Bluebird Stamps that features the fun Hippos on Holiday stamp set.



To make this card I first die cut the Ocean Scene die and Ink Blended all the different portions.  Sky was done with Peacock Feathers and Spice Marmalade Distress Inks.   Ocean with Peacock Feathers and sand with Antique Linen and Tea Dye.  Sparkling copper, white and silver dots were added with gel pens to give texture to the sand and silver dots for some sparkle in the water.



The pieces were reassembled glueing them to a panel of cardstock which in turn was adhered to a 110lb white cardstock base.

I die cut the frame from the Gallery Frame #1 die and backed it with foam tape and applied it.

On Copic friendly cardstock I stamped my images from Hippos on Holiday.  I coloured them with a variety of Copic markers.  They were die cut and backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.  I highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.

To finish up, I stamped the sentiment to the strip of cardstock and applied it and I added a few sparkling clear sequins for a little sparkling accent.



Happy crafting!

Nicky x


No comments:

Post a Comment