Thursday, April 9, 2020

Besties and Little Painters - Hello Bluebird Stamps

It's release day at Hello Bluebird Stamps!!  You can buy the new release products at 7pm MST.  Today I'm working with the new 'Besties' stamp set.  Keep scrolling for my second card and details too.



For this card I softly ink blended a panel using Squeezed Lemonade Distress Ink and applied it to a card base.  I stamped my Besties images on Copic friendly cardstock.   I ink blended the cloud and grass mound image using more distress inks, stamped the sentiment, backed it with foam tape and applied it to the background.



I coloured the cuties and flowers with Copic markers, highlighted a few points with a white gel pen then fussy cut and backed with foam tape and applied everything to the cloud image which nicely frames them.



I framed out the scene using the Gallery #4 Die backed with yet more foam tape.   A few sparkling clear sequins in two different sizes complete the card.

****************************************************************************

My second card today features the new Little Painters stamp set.  You'll need to head on over to the Hello Bluebird today to read the details about this stamp set but it is a free Easter Giveaway if you spend a certain amount in the Hello Bluebird shop.

Whilst it is Easter themed I decided to make a card that used many elements from the stamp set in a non-Eastery way!   Since Easter is almost upon us I wanted to show that the stamp set will stretch well beyond your Easter celebrations.  My Little Painters have been portrait painting!!!



The card was made by brushing on Distress Inks for a super soft background.  I stamped the images using Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa and then colouring them with Copics markers.  The images were fussy cut.



I backed each image with foam tape and applied them to the scene.    I die cut 4 of the frames from the Photo Stack die and adhered them together to build some depth.  I tucked the portrait frame into the scene.  I used the negative cut to make a little portrait painting using the bunny from Picked From You and some of the florals from that set too.  I recessed this within the frame and adhered it.



Finally I framed the scene out with the Gallery Frame #2 die, I dotted in some ground texture and stamped the sentiment.  A few sparkling clear sequins complete the card.

Well happy crafting everybody - it has been a long wait for a Hello Bluebird release but that happy day is here and again, 7pm MST is when you can start spending.   Visit the HB blog and comment for a chance at the giveaway!

Nicky x






1 comment: