Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Winter Woods Overlay Die - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello and thank you for joining me on my blog today for this new card featuring the Winter Woods Overlay Die from Hello Bluebird Stamps.  Also used in this project is the Snowy Sky Scene Die and the sentiment is from the Tis The Season sentiment set and the beautiful Frosty Flakes die too.



To create this card I first die cut a panel of white cardstock using the Snowy Sky Scene Die.   I ink blended using Distress Ink in Ice Spruce and adhered these die cuts to a 110lb white cardstock base.  I took another panel of white cardstock and die cut the Winter Woods Overlay Die and glued this to the background.



A few weeks ago I made a half dozen of the snowmen from the Winter Woods Overlay die so that I could apply the snowman to several cards this holiday season.  No stamping required you just die cut the snowman, colour the pieces in any way you wish then glue them all back together.  I used Copic markers for mine.   He was adhered to the scene.

To finish up this simple card I die cut several of the Frosty Flakes - I always have many on hand when I'm creating my seasonal cards so that they are ready to go.  These were adhered with a tiny bit of glue just in the centre so that the tips of the snowflakes could be teased upwards to look more dimensional.



Finally and to pick up the red used on snowman I stamped the sentiment using red ink on to a strip of cardstock and adhered that in place too.  Since the card was intended for my father in law I wanted to keep it simple and slightly masculine and therefore it is glitter and sequin free but of course you could adorn yours as much as you like!

Appreciate you stopping by to read about this card.  Hope to see you next time.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment