Sunday, September 22, 2019

Spooky Spellers - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hey there!  I'm back with a new card for Hello Bluebird Stamps today.  This card features the new Spooky Spellers stamp set and in order to get in all the cuteness I made it a slimline card.



A slimline card measures 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches.  I created a card base and set it to one side and then created a panel for the background.  To create the moon I found a circle die in my stash and die cut some masking paper.  I wanted my moon to have a faux stitched edge for fun and so I chose a die with a pierced edge so that when I ink blended around it I'd get the stitched look.  The moon mask was adhered to the centre of the panel and then I came in first with Dried Marigold Distress Oxide Ink and blended over and around the moon mask.  Next I came in with Carved Pumpkin over the whole panel but not too close to the moon's edge and then I doubled back and used Picket Fence to brighten the halo around the moon.  Finally I used Black Soot to add a mysterious dark foggy feeling.



I removed the moon mask and with a little of the residual ink left on my blending tool from the Black Soot I delicately dragged it across the moon's surface to make it look like the fog drifting across.  This panel was attached to the card base and set aside.

I die cut two sections of slate coloured cardstock with the Grassy Knoll die to form the ground.  These were adhered into position.



On Bristol Smooth cardstock the Spooky Spellers were all stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Jet Black.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zigs in Bright Yellow, Orange, Light Green, Natural Gray, Light Pink, Brown, Warm Gray 2, Oatmeal, Mid Gray and I also used a Tombow ABT in 977.

All images were die cut and adhered using dimensional foam tape.  I found some peach toned cardstock and die cut the letters for the word SPOOKY  and adhered these into position.

I used speech bubbles from the Photo Stack die to stamp the sentiments and these were also backed with foam tape and attached.



Time to attach some sparkle!  I went into my sequins stash and found some flat gold stars to put into the sky and a variety of other toning sequins tucked here and there amongst the Spooky Spellers.

This was a fun project that I hope inspires you.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x


1 comment:

  1. Love love love! Your coloring is perfect!

    ReplyDelete