Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Leaf Play - Hello Bluebird

Hello!  I have a new slimline card featuring the sweet stamp set called Leaf Play from the brand new Fall release by Hello Bluebird Stamps.



To create this slimline card with the dimensions of 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches I first of all ink blended a panel of white cardstock using Distress Oxide Ink in Crushed Olive, then die cut using the Grassy Knoll die to create 3 grassy edges.  I used Distress Oxide in Brushed Corduroy and a little water to splash on a little texture and I ink blended the edges a little with D.O. in Peeled Paint for more definition.

I took another panel of white cardstock cut to size and ink blended the sky using Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar and Tattered Rose.  I again splashed on a little watered down  Brushed Corduroy and then ink blended the edges using Distress Oxide in Vintage Photo.   The panel was adhered to the card based and I arranged the tufts of grass and also adhered them down.

On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my images from Leaf Play using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using the following colour palette.  Kuretake Zigs in Brown, Light Pink, Natural Gray, Beige, Oatmeal, Warm Gray 2, Deep Red, Olive Green and Yellow.  I also used Tombow ABTs in 969 and 850.

All images were highlighted with a white gel pen, die cut, backed with foam tape and adhered to the scene.



I tried a number of sentiments and settled on being a little 'punny' with the HAPPY FALL sentiment from the new Pumpkin Time stamp set.  I stamped this onto a speech bubble die cut from the Photo Stack die set.  This was backed with foam tape and applied.



The card was finished with just a few sparkling clear sequins ... I can rarely resist!

I'll be back soon with something new for Hello Bluebird.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x

1 comment:

  1. I love the ink blending and coloring on your happy scene card!

    ReplyDelete