Thursday, September 19, 2019

Zoey and Elliot - Purple Onion Designs

I'm back with a new card for Purple Onion Designs and I've used the gorgeous characters Zoey from Once Upon A Time and Elliot from Garden Blooms as illustrated by Stacey Yacula and I've put them into an Autumnal setting.  Zoey and Elliot are enjoying one of those beautiful Fall days where there is still some real warmth in the sun if you find the right spot to bask (they did).


To create this card I used a stencil that reminded me of tiny cascading leaves and ink blended through it using Distress Inks in bright Autumnal tones.  I set this panel to one side.   Next, I took the Tree Line stamp from A Beautiful Day and stamped it on Bristol Smooth cardstock and I watercolour painted it.

I also stamped up the bench also from Garden Blooms and painted it.  The colours used in this project are Tombow ABT in 761 and Arteza in Wine Red.   Kuretake Zigs in (deep breath) Brown, Warm Gray 2, Mid Brown, Olive Green, Beige, Dark Oatmeal, Orange, Natural Gray, Light Gray, Mid Gray, Ochre and Deep Blue.


I fussy cut all the images, backed them with foam tape and applied them to the stencilled panel.  I watercolour painted in some tufts of grass and texture to the grass and I stamped and fussy cut the clouds also backing them with foam tape and applying.  The panel was attached to a 110lb white cardstock base.


Three quick finishing touches.  I stamped the Happy Fall Sentiment on a kraft cardstock strip and applied it, I also highlighted a few points with a white gel pen.  Finally a simple wooden heart embellishment was adhered as a subtle accent over the two sweet characters.

I'll be back soon with a new project.  Happy crafting!

Nicky x



1 comment: