Thursday, September 26, 2019

Front Door with Icicle the Polar Bear - Purple Onion Designs

Hey there!  Thank you for stopping by to read about this my latest card for Purple Onion Designs that features Front Door from 'Twas The Night Before Christmas the collection by Stacey Yacula.  The card also features Icicle the little baby Polar Bear from Winter Wishes also illustrated by Stacey Yacula.



I stamped the Front Door image with Archival Ink on Bristol Smooth cardstock and on a separate piece of cardstock I stamped Icicle and the the potted Poinsettia from Door Decor 1 plus the sentiment.   Everything was watercolour painted using the following Kuretake Zig colours - Light Gray, Beige, Pale Dawn Gray, Olive Green, Yellow, Light Pink, Gray Brown and an Arteza in Wine Red.



I trimmed down the main panel, mounted it on white craft foam which in turn was adhered to the card base.  Icicle and the Poinsettia and sentiment were fussy cut, backed with foam tape and applied to the scene.



I didn't add any embellishment to this card however I finished up by using a white gel pen to highlight points on the bear and to hand draw in the snowfall slowly drifting down.

I hope you enjoyed the card inspiration today and I'll be back before you know it with a new project.

Happy crafting!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment