Tuesday, May 14, 2019

Sunny Meadow Fair - Purple Onion Designs

I'm continuing to enjoy playing with the sweet images from Sunny Meadow Fair, the new stamp collection illustrated by Stacey Yacula for Purple Onion Designs.



For this slimline card (8 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches) I ink blended a panel using Distress Inks in Milled Lavender, Spun Sugar and Peeled Paint.   I then stamped the fairground background image using Memento Ink in Fog.



Using Versamark Ink I stamped the sentiment and heat embossed using Wow Embossing Glitter in Calypso.  I then applied this panel to a white cardstock base and set it to one side.



On Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped my feature images from Sunny Meadow Fair using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  All images were watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in Oatmeal, Mid Brown,  S.Almond Pink, Pale Pink, Light Gray, Gray,  Cool Gray (1), Light Pink and Turquoise Green.  Also a Tombow ABT was in used in shade 991 (the yellow).  Images were fussy cut.



Do these cute critter images look extra dimensional to you?  It's not your imagination.  I used a trick whereby I flip the prepared images over on to a rubber mat and I use a round ended stylus and make circular movements (not at the edges) and using medium pressure until the image starts to dome or curl forwards.  Keep flipping the image to check progress and don't do too much or you can damage it but this adds wonderful dimension AND has the added bonus of making your dimensional foam tape less noticeable from the side.  Win win!



This last image shows you how the heat embossing sparkles nicely.  Certain points on my images were highlighted with a white gel pen and I decided no other embellishment was required.

Card complete!

See you next time, thanks for coming by to read.

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment