Saturday, May 11, 2019

Garden Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

I'm back today with a new slimline card for Hello Bluebird Stamps.  This card uses the new Garden Friends stamp set and I've also used the Pond Builder Die in a slightly unusual way.



This is as I said, a slimline card.  The finished measurements are 8 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and you can source Size 9/Invitation envelopes for these dimensions.

I created a panel of white cardstock.  I used the pond builder die to cut all the different elements just from that one single panel.  I then used the following Distress Oxide inks to ink blend each separate piece - Crushed Olive, Peeled Paint, Broken China, Faded Jeans and Tumbled Glass.



I used an extra thick foam tape to adhere the top overhanging tree greenery and a regular foam tape for the lower (light coloured) overhanging tree limb, attaching them to the card base.  I then used glue to adhere the sky portion directly to the card base.  The grassy bank was backed with regular foam tape and again the water portion was directly glued.  Tons of dimension and interest.



I die cut some of the stones from Pond Builder also.  I watercolour painted them using Kuretake Zig in Mid Gray and they two are backed with dimensional foam tape.

On Strathmore Bristol Smooth the elements from Garden Friends that I was using were stamped using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  They were watercolour painted using the following Zigs.  Orange, Light Pink, Oatmeal, Olive Green, Deep Red and Cobalt Blue.   Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and I put water ripples around the stones.



All images were die cut, backed with foam tape (I get through a lot of this stuff lol) and attached.

The sentiment was stamped using Versamark Ink on a strip of black cardstock and heat embossed in white. 

Finally some sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh were glued using Ranger Multi Medium Matte because it dries beautifully clear and is very strong and they make me think of sparkling water droplets.



I'll be back again very soon with a new card.  I invite you to sign up for emails and never miss a post!

Nicky x

1 comment: