Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Party Parade with Charlie Alpha Die - Hello Bluebird

Before making this card I had in my mind several cards using the Charlie Alpha die by Hello Bluebird to spell out some cute and bold sentiments.  This required doing a lot of die cutting and glueing ahead of making any real cards.  To my mind it was worth the effort and preparation since I had all my letters ready to go and then I'd build scenes around the wording.  Over the coming weeks (or months) the fruits of my labours will be shared.



When I use die cut words or letters for my projects I die cut a minimum of 3 times from 110lb cardstock.  With this card I actually did 4 die cuts from 110lb white cardstock, it's chunky, it jumps out at you and that is exactly the affect that I wanted.

For the rest of the card I ink blended the panel of Bristol Smooth using Distress Oxide in Festive Berries, making sure it was deeper at one end than the other.  I then used the Confetti Stencil set by MFT and white pigment ink to create the bokeh type affect and die cut the panel with a wonky stitch die from Mama Elephant called Cloud 9.

Using low tack tape I mapped out where my letters would go so that they were nicely in alignment.  The letters were adhered with Ranger Multi Medium Matte and the tape removed.



This panel was then adhered to a sturdy 110lb white cardstock base and set to one side. 

On more Bristol Smooth cardstock I used Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil to stamp the images from Party Parade.  I watercolour painted those cuties using the following colours:-

Beige 072, Mid Gray 096, Brown 060, Bright Yellow 052, Yellow 050, Light Pink 026, Cobalt Blue 031, Blue Gray 092  and May Green 047.

Points were highlighted with a white gel pen and the images were die cut and adhered to the scene using dimensional foam tape.



The finishing touches were a fun mix of different sized sparkling clear sequins by Pretty Pink Posh to add to the celebratory feel and which echoed the bokeh stencilling of the background panel.

I hope you enjoyed the card and feel inspired .... I think this card would be fabulous in a boy theme with a lovely rich blue background .... I'm almost tempted ...... hmmmm

See you soon!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment