Friday, March 22, 2019

Banner Buddies with Moose and Friends - Hello Bluebird

Hey there!  I'm back with my third card using the delightful Banner Buddies by Hello Bluebird.  Perhaps you treated yourself to this stamp set and I can offer you some inspiration here.  This time, I've combined it with some of the cuties from Moose and Friends because as always, the stamps from Hello Bluebird work seamlessly together.



This card started by ink blending a background panel using Distress Oxides in Spun Sugar and Squeezed Lemonade and die cutting it to give it the basic stitched edge.  Another panel was die cut twice using Grassy Knoll and then the portions I was keeping were ink blended with Distress Ink in Mowed Lawn.  The negative cut was put to one side for a future card.

The Grassy Knoll pieces were die cut to give them the matching stitched edge and then they were adhered to the background panel using dimensional foam tape.  This is a crazy dimensional card!



On Bristol Smooth cardstock (I favour Strathmore) I stamped all the images using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  Each image was die cut and then watercolour painted using Kuretake Zigs in the following colours:-

Yellow 050, Light Green 041, Orange 070, Mustard 067, Oatmeal 064, Beige 072, Mid Gray 096, Cobalt Blue 031, Gray Brown 094, Brown 060, Light Pink 026.

I decided on an arrangement by playing around with each piece for a minute and then either adhered directly with glue or used foam tape to pop pieces up thus building more and more depth and dimension.

The sentiments were stamped to a strip of cardstock and backed with foam tape and adhered.



Time to consider how to embellish.  Usually I go twinkly but with this one something told me to go with Crystal Nuvo Drops.  I used Bubblegum Blush up top and dotted through the grass as flowers I used Buttermilk - just love the names!

Thank you for coming along to read today, I'll be back with another card very soon, don't miss out .... consider signing up for email blog posts!

Nicky x

2 comments: