Monday, March 18, 2019

Piece Of Cake - Neat and Tangled

Hello everybody!  I found myself with some free time from my Design Team work and decided to play with some Neat and Tangled products that I recently treated myself to.  This is Piece of Cake and my cake is a delicious Mint Chocolate... nom nom nom.



I stamped the large image to Bristol Smooth cardstock in my Misti using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted the image using predominantly the following colours.  For the cake I used Artezas in Dolphin Gray A174, Ice Blue A173 and a Zig in Green Shadow 049.  I sort of 'pounced' the colour on in layers until it looked like a cake texture.  Next I ice my cake with a Zig in Dark Brown 062.  The kids were painted with Zigs in Flesh Colour 071, Blush 069, Light Pink 026, Orange 070 and Lemon Yellow 051.  Points were highlighted with Uni-ball Signo White gel pen and then I die cut the image with the coordinating die.



A panel of white cardstock was ink blended softly using Distress Oxide in Spun Sugar then die cut using the Scalloped Nice and Neat Die.

I backed that panel with craft foam and applied it to a white panel which in turn was applied to the pale gray cardstock base.  I adhered the main image using foam tape to lift it up.  Plenty of dimension on this card!



My card was finished with several sparkling clear sequins for a little joyful twinkle!

Thanks for coming by my blog for a slice of cake today!  Enjoy!

Nicky x



No comments:

Post a Comment