Saturday, August 18, 2018

Fall Friends - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hi!  Thank you for stopping by the blog today to read about these cards featuring 'Fall Friends' from the big August 15th Hello Bluebird Stamps release!



This first card above features an ink blended and distressed background.   Next I die cut the birch trees from the new Birch Trees stand alone die set.  I ink blended these for dimension and adhered them.    I ink blended a little more cardstock with the same colours and die cut the leaves and arranged them into the scene and also a strip of grass from Grassy Knoll.  I framed out the scene with the outer die cut from the new Gallery Frame #3 Die.  On Bristol Smooth cardstock I stamped out my images using Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I watercolour painted them using my Kuretake Zigs and then they were die cut.  I applied them into the scene with dimensional foam tape.  The sentiment was stamped and applied and a few rose gold sequins finished out the scene.



My second card features a new background stamp called 'Blowing Leaves' which I casually watercolour painted.  Layered over this I used the inner cut from the Gallery Frame #3 Die that I didn't use in the card above.  This was applied with foam tape to lift it up.  I then did a grassy mound using Grassy Knoll and ink blended and stamped the sentiment and hand dotted in some texture.  Finally, as with the card above, I stamped my images using Archival Ink in Potting Soil and watercolour painted using my Kuretake Zigs and then they were die cut and applied (along with the pumpkins) with dimensional foam tape.



I couldn't resist making a third card.  I love to ink blend backgrounds so that is how this card started.  I ink blended and distressed and the sentiment was stamped.  I used the outer cut from the Gallery Frame #3 Die (love that postage stamp edge) and this was applied with foam tape.  Once again and using the exact same materials as above I created my characters and also applied them with dimensional foam tape.   I found some toning mixed sequins and adhered them with Ranger Multi Medium Matte.

I hope you enjoyed the cards, I had a lot of fun working with the Fall colours for a change!

Until the next time then  .......

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment