Thursday, August 23, 2018

Ghostly Greetings - Hello Bluebird Stamps

Hello there, I'm back with you today to show you my latest card from the new Hello Bluebird Stamps release (available now)!  This is Ghostly Greetings in combination with the Halloween Tree Die.



This card started as a panel of watercolour cardstock.  I wetted up the surface with water and then casually added some watercolour paints to form a background.  I dried this panel then splattered on some paint.  I let that dry then die cut to provide the stitched edge.

I found some light grey cardstock and I die cut both the Halloween Tree Die and two cuts using the Grassy Knoll Die.  I adhered this in place with dimensional foam tape.  On white cardstock I stamped out my two ghosts and gave them some sweetly blushing cheeks and also applied them with foam tape.    Finally I stamped my sentiments on white cardstock and applied them.  The gravestone was given a mottled affect by using distress markers in two tones.



The finishing touch was to adhere some 'cobwebs' to the scene and I found some toning 'jewels' and glued those.  The whole affect is non traditional, fun and dimensional.

Have fun with your Halloween cards and I will see you next time!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment