Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Moose and Friends - Hello Bluebird

Hello, this is my second post of the day using the exciting new release stamps from Hello Bluebird.  Introducing Moose and Friends!



This card features a panel of Bristol Smooth cardstock that was ink blended ever so subtly with Distress Inks in Spun Sugar and Tumbled Glass.  The panel was then die cut to provide the faux stitched edge.  More Bristol Smooth was die cut twice with the Grassy Knoll grass edge dies from Hello Bluebird and these were softly ink blended with Cracked Pistachio and layered into the scene with foam tape.



On yet more Bristol Smooth (I do love this stuff!!!) I hand stamped all the images from Moose and Friends using Ranger Archival Ink in Potting Soil.  I selected a number of toning Kuretake Zig watercolour pens and watercolour painted everything and then fussy cut and applied them into the scene layered up on varying amounts of foam tape to build dimension.  Points were highlighted with a Signo Uniball White gel pen.



The Hooray balloon group was created the same way the animals were.  I then flipped it over and attached single strands of solid cream baker's twine and made sure that the twine lined up with the bottom of each tied balloon.  I cinched them together and adhered them behind the cake to anchor it.  The final touch was the addition of several tiny wooden butterfly embellishments.  The panel was adhered to an A2 110lb Neenah solar white cardstock base.

I hope you enjoyed my card - I just LOVED making this one and can't wait to work with this stamp set again, these characters are just so beautifully illustrated.

Thanks for stopping by!

Nicky x

No comments:

Post a Comment